This ACCEL component is charged with assessing progress toward achievement of short-term and long-term goals set for training, research and translational activities.
To accomplish this, the ACCEL evaluation group has built an administrative structure and established procedures for defining milestones, and tracking, reviewing and reporting progress toward meeting them.
By providing timely feedback to the ACCEL Leadership Committee, External Advisory Committee and KCA teams, the Evaluation Core enables them to make mid-course corrections as they move toward reaching their goals.
- Create an effective administrative infrastructure that ensures sound fiscal management and compliance with all federal, state and local regulations
- Promote synergistic relationships and effective collaborations across the DE-CTR components and within each of the participating institutions in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner
- Promote open and ongoing communication across all components and participating institutions through regular meetings of the DE-CTR leaders and the development of a user-friendly website that serves the needs of each of the components
- Monitor the progress of each component and take appropriate steps to ensure the overall success of the DE-CTR
- Work effectively with the NIGMS program staff to ensure that the DE-CTR program successfully achieves the overall IDeA-CTR goals
- Promote interdisciplinary research through the establishment of the pilot project grants
- Promote high impact areas of research and interdisciplinary collaboration with conferences on special interest clusters among the pilot grantees
- Strengthen quality of biomedical researchers through mentoring and forums for investigators to interact
- Develop and implement a multilevel, cross-institutional mentoring program
- Develop the educational infrastructure needed to provide comprehensive training in clinical and translational research to a multidisciplinary group of investigators
- Support: Develop a multidisciplinary, integrated center that provides epidemiological, biostatistical, research design and bioinformatics expertise to clinical and translational investigators of the member institutions
- Facilitate: Establish a forum for epidemiologist, biostatisticians and investigators to develop, validate, and disseminate innovative design and analytical methodologies
- Extend: Expand and develop biomedical informatics capabilities to promote improved data and project management, strengthen infrastructure and coordination for innovative clinical and translational research, and extend our culture of collaboration and scientific community outreach
- Establish a new infrastructure to engage community in translational research
- Develop new community-institution partnerships
- Identify, train and mentor community members, providers, and researchers in community-based research
- Using lessons learned and evaluation resources from SCTR Institute to create the administrative structure and procedures to regularly and effectively assess implementation of both short-term and long-term DE-CTR ACCEL training, research and translational goals
- Develop detailed evaluation plans that include short- and long-term milestones for each KCA of the DE-CTR ACCEL and to regularly track and review achievement of the milestones
- Provide timely formative feedback to the Leadership Committee, Internal and External Advisory Committees, and KCA teams in the DE-CTR ACCEL for their use in making mid-course corrections and assessing the effects of these corrections