Join us at the 2024 JIN CARE (Career Advancement and Research Exchange) celebration and dinner on Thursday, January 18, 2024 from 4 – 7:30 p.m. at the Embassy Suites in Newark, Delaware. This event is sponsored by the DE-CTR ACCEL Program and the DE-INBRE.
This will be an excellent opportunity to network and collaborate with fellow JIN members! The Professional Development Core will take advantage of the event to gain insights into the resources and opportunities that can help JIN members progress in their research.
5:00pm-6:00pm: Focus Groups
6:00pm-7:30pm: Dinner, Awards, and Networking
Seats are limited so register early!
During the dinner, we will recognize the 2024 Seema S. Sonnad Mentor of the Year Award.
Previous Seema S. Sonnad Mentor of the Year Award recipients:
- 2016 Melinda Duncan, PhD, FARVO, UDel
- 2017 Andy Kolb, MD Nemours
- 2018 Claudine Jurkovitz, MD, MPH, CC
- 2019 Anne Kazak, PhD, ABPP, Nemours
Nominate a mentor!
Who can be nominated? Anyone you feel is a scientific mentor for you (they do not have to be a primary PI)!
Some qualities of a good mentor:
- Helps to set concrete goals and helps you achieve these goals.
- A good listener who also communicates clearly.
- Provides honest feedback that is not demeaning.
- Does not micromanage through unrealistic expectations and demands.
- Defines people by their strengths and potential rather than limitations.
- Respects their trainees as a peer rather than a cheap pair of hands.