The 2021 Communicable Diseases Summit “How 2020 Changed the World” will be a hybrid conference this year with both in-person and virtual attendance.
Monday, December 13 from 7:30 AM – 3:15 PM
The event will be moderated by Dr. Kate Smith, program manager of the Immunization Coalition of Delaware.
Other speakers and presenters include:
- Karyl T. Rattay, MD, MS, Director of the Division of Public Health with Delaware Department of Health and Social Services
- Rick Hong, MD, Medical Director of the Division of Public Health with Delaware Department of Health and Social Services
- Jonathan Miller, MD, Pediatrician with the Nemours Children’s Hospital Delaware; Medical Director of Value-Based Care with Nemours Delaware Valley Operations
- Michael J. Smith, MD, MSCE, Professor of Pediatrics in the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Department at Duke University Medical Center
- Scott Olewiler, MD, Infectious Disease and Travel Medicine with Beebe Healthcare
- plus, more speakers to be announced!
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Medical Society of Delaware and the Delaware Academy of Medicine/Delaware Public Health Association. The Medical Society of Delaware is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Medical Society of Delaware designates this live activity for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
There is a $20.00 fee for health care professionals to attend (CME/CE requested), and a $10.00 fee for non-health care attendees (no CME/CE needed).
Upon registration for virtual attendance, you will receive an email with further instructions regarding how to connect prior to the event.
The in-person portion of the event will be held at the Ammon Education Center at Christiana Hospital,
4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Newark, DE 19713.