Goals and Background
The mission of the Delaware CTR-ACCEL Program is to accelerate clinical and translational research that addresses health outcomes of Delawareans. The CTR Pilot Grants Program regularly solicits applications for funding of projects related to clinical and translational research. Pilot grants may be either Regular Clinical & Translational Pilots or Community Engagement Pilots. For this year, both types of grants will provide funds for a 1 year period that will allow a research team to develop a more substantial basis for independent external support from the NIH. Use of one or more of the research cores at the ACCEL institutions is encouraged.
Interested applicants are required to submit a Preliminary Application, due Wednesday, December 22, 2021 by 5:00 PM. Based on a scientific review of the Preliminary Applications, a subset of applicants will be invited to submit a Full Application, due Monday, March 7, 2022 by 5:00 PM. PIs are strongly encouraged to complete both submission processes well in advance of their deadlines, as the submission windows will close at 5 pm sharp and no exceptions will be made. Partial or incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Before a proposal can be submitted, the proposal PI must register as an ACCEL user and have a valid ORCID account linked to ACCEL. Proposals must be submitted by the PI (or their ACCEL designee); proposals submitted under another user’s ACCEL account will not be accepted.
- December 22, 2021 by 5:00 pm – Preliminary Application submission deadline
- On or about January 11, 2022 – Invitations for Full Applications sent
- March 7, 2022 by 5:00 pm – Full Application submission deadline
- On or about April 12, 2022 – Potential awardees notified
- April 29, 2022 – Just-In-Time deadline (IRB/IACUC approval, human subjects certs due)
- July 1, 2022 – Anticipated project start date