Application submission will open soon. Please check back.
Goals and Background
The mission of the Delaware Clinical & Translational Research (De-CTR) ACCEL Program is to accelerate clinical and translational research that addresses health outcomes of Delawareans. The CTR Pilot Grants Program regularly solicits applications for funding of projects related to clinical and translational research. Pilot Grant awards are $80,000 and may be either Regular Clinical & Translational (C&T) Pilots or Community Engagement C&T Pilots. Regular C&T Pilots will provide funds for a 1-year period; Community C&T Pilots will provide funds for a 2-year period. Both kinds are intended to allow a research team to develop a more substantial basis for independent, external support from the NIH.
Use of one or more of the research cores at the ACCEL institutions is encouraged before submission and/or during the project award period.
Special Note for 2023-2024
The DE-CTR ACCEL Program is in its final year of funding. Although a renewal application has been submitted, there is currently no guarantee of additional funding, thus 2024 C&T Pilot Award Funding is contingent upon successful renewal of the ACCEL Program by NIH.
Interested applicants are required to submit a Preliminary Application, due Friday, March 31, 2023 by 5:00 PM. Based on a scientific review of the Preliminary Applications, a subset of applicants will be invited to submit a Full Application, due Friday, July 7, 2023 by 5:00 PM. PIs are strongly encouraged to complete both submission processes well in advance of their deadlines, as the submission windows will close at 5:00 PM sharp and no exceptions will be made. Partial or incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Before a proposal can be submitted, the proposal PI must register as an ACCEL user and have a valid ORCID account linked to ACCEL. Proposals must be submitted by the PI (or their ACCEL designee). Proposals submitted under another user’s ACCEL account will not be accepted.
- March 31, 2023, by 5:00 pm – Preliminary Application submission deadline
- April 28, 2023 – Invitations for Full Applications sent
- July 7, 2023, by 5:00 pm – Full Application submission deadline
- August 20, 2023 – Potential awardees notified
- October 20, 2023 – Just-In-Time deadline (IRB/IACUC approval, human subjects certs due)
- January 1, 2023 – Anticipated project start date
For questions about the Pilot Grants Program submission and review process, please contact Susanne M. Morton, PT, PhD, ACCEL Pilot Projects Program Director.
For specific questions related to ACCEL Core resources, please contact the appropriate Core Director:
- Robert Akins, PhD, Professional Development Core Director
- Claudine T. Jurkovitz, MD, MPH, Biostatistics, Epidemiology & Research Design Core Director
- Lee M. Pachter, DO, Community Engagement & Outreach Core Director